[TN-Bird] Re: Brewers, Rusty Blackbirds - Davidson Co.

  • From: richard connors <didymops07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:04:25 -0600

This reminds be, a coupe of weeks ago (2/15) at Burns Branch, Natchez Trace
Parkway in Williamson County I observed the largest flock of Rusty
Blackbirds that I haves seen so far in one flock. High count was 72 birds.
That was several passes with binocs observing them in the meadow, and in
the trees when spooked, and a scope view of some working the creek and
bank. I've seen bigger flocks when mixed with Brewer's, but all these
appeared to be rusties.

Richard Connors
Nashville