[TN-Bird] Blount County Rusty Blackbirds

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:35:34 -0400

I took a walk around White's Mill Wildlife Refuge in Blount County this
beautiful, sunny morning and found Rusty Blackbirds foraging in the leaf litter
on the bank of a small stream. I was viewing them through trees so I never got
an exact count but I estimate around 10 or more.  If you start walking to your
right along the levee, they were at the stream that runs alongside it on the
right after the levee turns.  Swamp Sparrows were everywhere.

Carole Gobert, Knoxville