[TN-Bird] Blount Cnty -no "Can" do

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Colleen Moulton <kalmialatifolia@xxxxxxxxx>, ken Voorhis <ken@xxxxxxxxx>, jaimie@xxxxxxxxx, Tracey E Muise <traceson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:37:18 -0800 (PST)

This afternoon I ran out to Ish Creek, Hitch Pond, Louisville Point
Park and other spots in northwest Blount County.

After 1.5 inches of rain last night, the water everywhere was much
higher than it was on Tuesday.  I did not have to wasted time
searching mudflats for birds that were not there - very nice.

At Hitch Pond I found a female NORTHERN SHOVELLER, 138 RING-NECKED
DUCKS, 5 REDHEAD, 3 AMERICAN BLACK DUCK (plus one black/mallard mix)
one beautiful drake WOOD DUCK, 9 GADWALL and a bunch of MALLARDS.  I
could not find the Canvasbacks that Dean had there last week.

My 5th trip to Louisville Point Park in less than a week could not
produce the C. Goldeneyes that Tom Howe had there last week.

Ish Creek had a GREAT EGRET and 4 BLACK VULTURES.

My Blount list for 2005 is now 72 species.

Good Day!

Charlie

=====
Charlie Muise, Naturalist near
Great Smoky Mountains National Park

"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of cancer."  -Edward Abbey