[TN-Bird] Bird ID Help Requested

  • From: "Bates E." <wgpu239@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:45:53 -0400

Perhaps some folks on the list can give me some help with a bird ID.

I was hiking at GSMP this morning, near the Sugarlands Visitor Center.
 About 30 feet up in a large broad-leaf tree I watched a small bird singing
enthusiastically and repeatedly.  I will for forgo the details of the
description of the bird other than to say that I concluded that it was a
Philadelphia Vireo (Sibley "Drab Adult").

*What I was able to do, though, is get a decent recording (on my Android
device) of its singing*.  Based on my on-line  searching (notably Xeno
Canto) what I recorded sure seems to be Philadelphia Vireo; though this
seems like an early date.

For anyone who would like to help, they can respond to me off-list. I will
email them the recording.

Thanks.

Bates Estabrooks
Anderson County