[TN-Bird] Re: Bewick's wren

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tn-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

Nancy,

Very nice, take em however you can get em! That is a great find, I may be wrong
but I know of no recent nesting records for Bewick's in west TN. I don't have
the exact date now, but back in the late 80's a pair nested in my parents
backyard here in McKenzie. The next year House Wrens took the location over and
they didn't have the Bewick's again to my knowledge. Not sure if it was a
successful nesting or not. I don't remember hearing of any nesting since then.

That was the first time I was proven wrong when I doubted a bird my parents
said
they had in the yard, the 2nd time was the one day White-winged Dove a few
years
ago they had for my TN bird. I imagine I will make a trip up your way if it
does
hang around, need to get up there anyway!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/mctodd