[TN-Bird] Benwood Lake Quickie plus new photos

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:23:13 -0500 (EST)

Nov. 10, 2011
Benwood Lake AR

The lake is drying fast, shorebird numbers also following  trend. Only 15
Avocets, 1 Black-bellied Plover, still good numbers of L-b  Dowitcher,
Dunlin, Killdeer, Least Sandpipers, many Greater Yellowlegs with  fewer Lesser,
1
Western Sandpiper, 6 Stilt Sandpipers but maybe more on far  side. Many more
ducks now crowding in with the geese, including a new group of 9
Canvasbacks.

Twenty-one Ring-billed Gulls and a single Franklin's, fewer  sparrows but
the patch is continually hunted by the raptors so my short time  many have
had them hunkered.

Just playing catch up with a few photos from Benwood Lake and points  east
in TN.
Start at:    _http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/139550822_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/139550822)

Jeff R.  Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What  is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.