[TN-Bird] Bark Camp Barrens and Woods Reservoir

  • From: Chloe Walker <chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 12:59:43 -0800 (PST)

My brother, dad, and I birded Bark Camp Barrens and Woods Reservoir today. Best
birds were 60+ Redheads, 20+ Ring-necked Ducks, and 6+ Lesser Scaups at the
little pond next to the sod fields at Bark Camp Barrens and three North-bound
Sandhill Cranes at Woods Reservoir. In addition, there was one large flock of
scaups - mostly Greater, but I didn't really pay attention to see if there were
any Lessers (Oops!) - at Woods Reservoir. Species lists are below:

Bark Camp Barrens

Canada Goose-2
Mallard-2
Redhead-60+
Ring-necked Duck-20+
Lesser Scaup-6+
Great Blue Heron-1
Turkey Vulture-x
Black Vulture-x
Northern Harrier-1
Cooper's Hawk-1
Red-shouldered Hawk-1
Red-tailed Hawk-1
American Coot-1
Killdeer-3
Wilson's Snipe-1
Mourning Dove-x
Downy Woodpecker-1
Northern Flicker-4
Pileated Woodpecker-2
Blue Jay-x
American Crow-x
Horned Lark-x
Carolina Chickadee-3
Tufted Titmouse-2
White-breasted Nuthatch-2
Carolina Wren-1
Eastern Bluebird-5
Hermit Thrush-1
American Robin-30+
Northern Mockingbird-1
European Starling-20+
Lapland Longspur-2
Pine Warbler-2
Yellow-rumped Warbler-1
Eastern Towhee-6
Field Sparrow-15
Savannah Sparrow-30+
Song Sparrow-2
Swamp Sparrow-5
White-throated Sparrow-2
Northern Cardinal-4
Red-winged Blackbird-x
Eastern Meadowlark-x
Rusty Blackbird-x
Common Grackle-x
American Goldfinch-1

Woods Reservoir (lake and surrounding area)

Canada Goose-2
Wood Duck-2
Mallard-3
Canvasback-3