[TN-Bird] Barfield Crescent Park migrants & Sharp's Ridge mystery solved

  • From: "Daniel B. Estabrooks" <dbe2g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 01:38:50 +0000

Barfield Crescent Park
Rutherford County
05/08/13

Since so many people responded to my post about the mystery squeaky
Cerulean-like song from Sharp's Ridge, I figured I'd post to say that I finally
solved it today. I heard the song twice at Barfield and finally tracked down
the bird on the second one. And... *drum roll*... it was a Blackburnian. So now
I'm even more certain that I did in fact hear a Blackburnian in the middle of
June last year at Barfield, which is obviously really late.

Anyway, lots of other good things there today:

Eastern Screech-Owl
Swainson's Thrush
Veery
Wood Thrush
Scarlet Tanager
Summer Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Blackpoll Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Kentucky Warbler (probably breeding there)
Baltimore Oriole
Scarlet Tanager
Summer Tanager
Rose-breasted Grosbeak