[TN-Bird] Bald Eagles/Campbell County, TN

  • From: Jimi Moore <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:55:04 -0500

     Before the snow started this morning, I received a call from a
friend walking at Cove Lake St. Pk (Campbell County, TN)  saying  that
there were 2 adult BALD EAGLES present. I observed both birds for about
an hour while perched and also flying together for quite a show over the
lake.
The water levels are very low with the lake being drained to kill
milfoil. There are a few Coot and Hooded Mergansers in the deeper areas
of water that is left, and the Eagles were keeping them mighty nervous. I
imagine they are also feeding on the easy fish prey in the shallows that
are dead or dying.
This is the 3rd winter seeing Bald Eagle here, but the first time for 2
adults together.
  There is also another Bald Eagle being seen near Speedwell, TN in the
Back Valley area of Claiborne County.

Nell Moore

Jimi and Nell Moore
jimimoore@xxxxxxxx