[TN-Bird] Re: Bachman's Sparrow and Bell's Vireo Trip Results - Sunday

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmoss5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 03:18:59 -0700

It's been said before, but I just wanted to thank Daniel one more time for the
great service he does TN Birders with fascilitating entry to the great
grasslands of Fort Cambpell. To have the opportuntity to basically drive up and
see a Bachman's Sparrow in TN at this point is practically a miracle! I hadn't
seen this species in over 10 years in the state before Sunday, and the last
time I did it involved a solid day of driving around on the southern edge of
the state looking for the right habitat. This was typically the case with
Bachman's. Bell's Vireo likewise.....So thanks again Daniel for all the special
trips you've arranged over the years for people to see a great number of good
birds you've found up that way!

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/mctodd

 Subject: [TN-Bird] Bachman's Sparrow and Bell's Vireo Trip Results - Sunday
 To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 8:37 PM

 Fort Campbell
 Montgomery Cty, TN

 The Bachman's Sparrow did not disappoint again this morning
 for the 11 birders who came out....matter of fact it was
 perched and singing in just about the exact same spot as
 Friday. Also, the Bell's Vireo heard on Friday was still
 singing almost continuously in the same spot. This vireo
 proved just as elusive visually today, however a few birders
 did get brief looks at the bird. We also had another 2 or 3
 Bell's Vireos singing in a territory that was quiet on
 Friday. Again we had great or good looks at Henslow's
 Sparrow, Willow Flycatcher, Grasshopper Sparrow, and
 Dickcissel.

 It was a real pleasure to get folks out to see these
 birds...and to see old birding friends and meet new ones!

 Daniel Moss
 Pleasant View, TN

 you report were seen.  The actual DATE OF OBSERVATION
 should
 in the Subject field.
   TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological
 Society
        Neither the society(TOS) nor
 its moderator(s)
         endorse the views or opinions