[TN-Bird] Re: Armadillos

  • From: Charles Nicholson <cpnicholson53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:47:36 -0400

A dead armadillo was found by NPS staff in the Big South Fork in a fairly
remote area within the last year.  So at least one made it to the northern
end of the plateau.  I am not aware of reports from the Knoxville area.

Chuck Nicholson
Norris, TN

On Friday, April 26, 2013, Melinda Welton <weltonmj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David
> I’ve had a few of them at our place at the Davidson, Williamson Co. line
in Williamson Co.

> I’m not going to post this on tnbird because Wallace doesn’t like us to
get of message. Let me know what you learn.

> ________________________________
> From: David Aborn <David-Aborn@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:43:57 +0000
> To: tnbird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [TN-Bird] Armadillos
>
> We have had a few in Hamilton County over the past few years. There have
also been a few found up on the plateau. The mammologist here at UTC, Tim
Gaudin, studies armadillos and has been keeping track of their spread.

> David Aborn
> Chattanooga, TN
> I heard a fellow on TV last night say that armadillos are moving east in
TN, and he expects to see them in Knoxville within 5 years.