[TN-Bird] American White Pelicans, etc. (Northwest TN)

  • From: "Daniel Estabrooks" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hyla514@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 15:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

Bluebank Resort, Reelfoot Lake
Obion County
6/8/14

There were three American White Pelicans out on the lake today, as well as an
active Baltimore Oriole nest behind one of the lodges at the resort.

-----

White Lake Refuge
Dyer County
6/7/14

I also saw two Mississippi Kites yesterday, one at the refuge proper and one
flying over I-155 on my way from Newbern (near the Rambo Rd. overpass). Loads
of cuckoos singing all over the place. Is that normal for West TN, or were the
"rain crows" just excited because of all the stormy weather? :-P

Daniel Estabrooks
Winter Haven, FL