[TN-Bird] AR Brown Booby

  • From: kbreault <kbreault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:57:50 -0700 (PDT)

Not often do you see a code 3 bird in AR. I saw the booby on Tuesday evening.
It
seems most of the day it was in the rafters of a boat dock at the end of Trout
off of Eagle Nest. As you get to the end of Trout (the road to the left just
before the end of Eagle Nest) there are two houses. You want the one on the
left. Scott is the owner and he and the other owners in the area have been very
helpful to birders. In fact, on Tuesday evening there were three birders but
four separate and rather interested home owners. I just hope our AR birder
friends don't love the bird to death. I would suggest keeping a reasonable
distance as it seemed stressed when I was there. Exit 4 on 430 (the highway
just
east and closest to the bird), has a good Holiday Inn Express for those not
wanting to make the trip in one day. Your best bet is to use both Dan
Scheiman's
fine directions and GPS. Note that from exit 4 on 430 GPS provides the
approprate way. Using a Mapquest or Google map of the area may also be helpful.
Good luck!
Kevin Breault
Brentwood