[TN-Bird] A Swift Night out in Lenoir City, TN

  • From: viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 16:36:46 -0400 (EDT)

I had the pleasure of joining Denise and Tony King for a Swift night Out count
at the historic War Memorial Bldg chimney in Lenoir City, TN (Loudon County,
east Tennessee).  I will let Tony post the official count--I was too busy
watching with amazement and trying to capture a bit of video to share!

This is an amazing roosting ritual that everyone should experience!  In fact,
the chimney that is currently the largest roosting site in the Lenoir City area
is due for renovation soon and its future is uncertain.

You may enjoy seeing two videos of the swirl of swifts we witnessed coming to
roost last night in my current blog post:

http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/2013/09/swifts-night-out-lenoir-city-tennessee.html

Vickie Henderson
Knoxville, Tennessee
Knox County