[TN-Bird] 2 firsts and a bird walk

  • From: "Aborn, David" <David-Aborn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 19:49:34 +0000

Hamilton County, TN

I heard my first White-eyed Vireo of the spring at Greenway Farms this morning.
I also captured a new species that I had yet to capture out
there...Sharp-shinned Hawk!  A nice immature male; it brought me back to my
days radiotracking sharpies with NJ Fish and Game. That makes 91 species I have
captured out there (things like hummingbirds and Red-shouldered Hawk I have
captured, but not banded. I have banded 86 species.)

On another note, I will be leading a bird walk at the Lula Lake Land Trust on
Lookout Mountain this coming Saturday (April 13th). Plan on arriving around
8:30 am. The gates will be closed at 9:00 am. The walk will finish around 11:30
am, and everyone needs to be off the premises by noon. For more information,
contact Trisha King at 423-991-8368, or
tking@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tking@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

David Aborn
Chattanooga, TN