[TN-Bird] 11 (!) American Tree Sparrow - Nashville

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:39:34 -0600

Shelby Park, East Nashville (Davidson Co.):
9 individuals seen with a mixed flock, foraging on the baseball diamond and
vicinity adjacent to the entrance to Shelby Bottoms Nature Center parking lot.
A handful of HORNED LARKS and many AMERICAN PIPITS also present here.
2 more AMERICAN TREE SPARROW were found in the first field next to the Nature
Center, along with 7 WILSON'S SNIPE. The biggest surprise for me, however, was
seeing my first AMERICAN WOODCOCK in the daylight! Not to belittle the record
number of tree sparrows, of course. ;^)
The group photo shows five Tree Sparrows, two Juncos, and one CHIPPING SPARROW.
Happy ATSP irruption!
Ed SchneiderDavidson Co.