[tmp] sonsa cables and subject lines

  • From: "Neena Saloiya" <neena.saloiya@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 16:16:47 -0400

Hi I usually try and change subject lines if they don't pertain to the topic. I have a quick question. Are there cables people can get in Canada for charging the Sansa? I ask, as I like to avoid having to pay shipping and such. I will order a new one if absolutely needed on my card, however, it's a bit of a drag to have to if I can go somewhere to get one. See, I've dropped my cable. So, I committed a cardinal sin of mp3 players! I charged the Sansa on my Victor stream cable! Just because I couldn't find the charger that I originally have used until I lost this cable. Well, then it took me two sighted people to try and help me find my original one. They couldn't, and I'm not sure why, or where it dropped. I haven't heard it drop. The miracle was that the mp3 player did charge! Sorry to sound as if I'm rambling. Thanks have a great day.

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 10:29 AM
To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tmp] Re: Appropriate Subject Lines

Hi Steve,

Very good point regarding subject lines.

Please note that this is a friendly and relaxed list and although
there is a moderator, myself, we don't have many rules. in fact the
only rule we do have is the subject line rule which I do enforce if it
really gets out of hand, remember this is a friendly and relaxed list,
so no harsh steps are taken, only reminders given sometimes off list
or on list depending on the number of folks involved in bending a
rule.

So far, the list has run pretty smoothly being run in this fashion.

Thanks,

Laz

On 3/31/14, Steve Hoad <mainefun40@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi:
The most recent thread on this list, (Thread: messages grouped
together by subject) is not well reflected in the subject line.

The person that started the thread had questions that are totally
unrelated to "Players as low as $69.95..." etc.

Could we all please make an effort to insure that our subject lines
actually reflect the material in the message?
Anyone who is not interested in buying something may miss important
content.

It is simple enough: even if you reply to a message to start a new
subject simply delete the re: subject line that shows when you hit
reply and replace it with some summary of what you wish to relate.

This is simply good list ettiquette.
Thanks,

Steve Hoad

--
Talking MP3 Players with stereo FM radio, voice recording, and
expandible memory! Priced under $100, plus free shipping in the US!

Listen to our Introduction to Talking MP3 Players:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/an-introduction-to-talking-mp3-players/

See our current special:

Join our mailing list by sending a blank email with the word subscribe
as the subject to:
tmp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email:  laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: lazmesa