[tmp] Basic descriptions, directions, and uses of the Miccus Bluetooth devices

  • From: Laz <accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp <tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:29:22 -0500

Hi all,

Here are some basic descriptions and directions for using the Miccus
bluetooth devices we carry. First of all though, I want to assure you
of a few points.

1. It's difficult to turn these devices on accidentaly, as one needs
to hold the button down for 3 seconds to turn them on.
2. These devices go into a power saving mode if they're not being
used, so even if you do manage to turn them on accidentally, it'll go
into the power saving mode shortly thereafter.
3. If one follows the directions, one can operate these devices even
if totally blind as I am.
4. When I state holding a button down for a specific number of
seconds, I'm speaking of actual seconds as in 1-Mississippi,
2-Mississippi, etc. Rattling off 1 2 3 as quickly as you can is not
considered 3 seconds. Remember, you want to use the device, not see
how fast you can count. (smiles)

The TX is a bluetooth device which enables any device with a headphone
jack to transmit its signal via bluetooth to another bluetooth
enabled device. If you want to hear your player's content on another
bluetooth enabled device such as bluetooth headphones, speakers, etc,
you would want this device. It has a range of about 30 feet. I used it
to play my player's content on our car stereo, home stereo, computer
speakers, and even the earphones which come packaged with the players.
See below to find out how I managed to receive bluetooth signals on
the above non-bluetooth devices.

The RX is a bluetooth device which enables any device with an audio in
to receive bluetooth signals. You can use this device to enable your
non-bluetooth headphones, speakers, stereo system, car stereo, etc, to
receive bluetooth signals. It has a range of about 30 feet. I plugged
my earphones and computer speakers into this device and was able to
listen to my player without any wires connected to my player. I also
used it to listen to my player on our car stereo.

The above two items are small portable devices with a rechargeable
battery. They're smaller than a Sansa Clip player. Both the TX and RX
devices have one button on them. This button is used to control the
device. One turns the device on by holding the button down for 3
seconds. To turn the device off, one holds the button down for 5
seconds. To engage the pairing feature, one holds the button down for
8 seconds. Note that when wanting to engage the pairing feature, one
doesn't turn the device on first, just hold the button down for 8
seconds.

The RTX is a home-based  bluetooth device which is designed to sit on
your entertainment system or desk. It can either transmit or receive
bluetooth signals. It has 3 buttons on the face. The left button is
the transmitter button, the button in the center is the power button,
and the button on the right is the receiver button. If you wanted to
listen to your stereo on your bluetooth enabled headphones from
anywhere in your house, you would use it as a transmitter which is on
the left side. If you wanted to hear the audio content from your
bluetooth enabled device on your stereo system, you would use it as a
receiver which is on the right side. It has a longer range of about
150 feet. This is not meant to be a portable device, doesn't have a
rechargeable battery, and it's plugged into the wall and connected to
your stereo system, A/V center, etc with actual cables.

The RTX has 3 buttons on the face. The middle button is the power
button which one holds down for 3 seconds to turn it on, and one holds
it down for 3 seconds to turn it off. The button on the left is for
transmitting, and the one on the right is for receiving. To engage the
pairing feature on the RTX, one holds either the transmit or receive
button down for 5 seconds. When pairing is successful, one will hear a
sound.

If pairing with either the TX or the RX, just hold the button on the
RX or TX down for 8 seconds and put then next to each other. If
pairing with a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or bluetooth headphones,
one selects the miccus RTX on that particular device and puts them
close to each other.

The TX, RX, and RTX will remember whichever device they're paired with
when they're near them, so one wouldn't need to pair them again each
time one wants to use them together. If one has paired one device with
the RTX and now one wishes to pair a different device with it, one
needs to unplug the USB cable for 15 seconds to clear it. Once one has
reconnected the USB cable, one would turn it on and pair it with the
new device as covered above.

If the TX does not reconnect with a receiver when in range, one may
need to briefly press the button.

This was my first experience with bluetooth devices, and I was very
happy with the results. I can see many possibilities for using these
devices. If I want, I can listen to my computer and whatever sound is
being played from a distance while I'm doing something else. One can
listen to one's stereo system, A/V entertainment system from anywhere
in the house, even lying in bed or while in the yard. All without any
wires getting in the way.

Once one has grasped the simplicity of the controls, then one can come
up with many other uses for these bluetooth devices. It really opens
the door to freedom from wires which in my own humble opinion just
tend to get in the way of whatever I'm doing.

If anyone has any questions, then please let me know.

All the best,

Laz

--
Talking MP3 Players with stereo FM radio, voice recording, and
expandible memory! Priced under $100, plus free shipping in the US!

Listen to our Introduction to Talking MP3 Players:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/an-introduction-to-talking-mp3-players/

See our current special:

Join our mailing list by sending a blank email with the word subscribe
as the subject to:
tmp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Email:  laz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: lazmesa