[tinwhiskers] Re: "Made By Monkeys" lead free versus reliability

  • From: Phil Shewmaker <Shew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:59:38 -0400

Jake Brodsky wrote:

A regulation that exists to further itself is masturbatory governance and bureaucracy.
<<<

I don't know about the EU, but isn't the normal modus operandi of the US
government?

Friends come and go.  Our life is like a vapor, what exists only for a little
while.  But bureaucracies never die!

ab3a@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The worst possible outcome is when an agency sits on a variance request like they did in this case. This is utterly preposterous. If the point is to make reliable, environmentally sound devices, shouldn't the RoHS regulations bend to meet that need? Wasn't that ostensibly the reason for making these regulations in the first place? A regulation that exists to further itself is masturbatory governance and bureaucracy.
Spit.

Jake Brodsky