[tinwhiskers] Re: FW: Re: The compliance with EU materials dictates and the precautionary principal

  • From: "Dr Mark Vaughan" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tinwhiskers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:35:41 +0100

Sadly it's rare science beats politics.
Usually a politician gets an idea might come from various sources but
usually some rich blighter they met at a dinner party that doesn't really
have a clue, just loads of money and serfs that make it for them. The
politician works on that idea, and arguments not with scientific basis, but
that seem plausible, and will be plausible to the public and boost their
political career, no sense of science, justice, right or wrong comes into
it.
By the time the scientist knows about it, it's too late, the politician has
self professed them self the technical expert among politicians and isn't
prepared to look at anything a scientist says.

We need to get to politicians before they get that seed idea going in their
grey matter, but sadly scientists live in laboratories and rarely get to
dine with politicians. We probably also need to find controversial
politicians with the confidence to stand up and buck the system.

Regs Mark

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D., B.Eng. M0VAU
Managing Director
Vaughan Industries Ltd., reg in UK no 2561068
Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351
Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH UK.
Phone/Fax 44 (0) 1872 561288
RSGB DRM111 (Cornwall)