[tinwhiskers] FW: IPC Members Help Needed to Stop RoHS Expansion

  • From: "Fritz, Dennis D." <DENNIS.D.FRITZ@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rusty.rentsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cdenham@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:16:06 -0400

Guys, just to get the word out to try to organize to stop a new round of RoHS
restrictions - as if lead in electronics was not bad enough.  This is the
principal flame retardant in traditional epoxy circuit board laminate - IPC
figures 80% of all boards.  While halogen free laminate is being developed,
these restrictions would greatly accelerate the pace of adoption.

And, there are other goodies on the proposed list starting on page 28 -
beryllium, and petrolatum

Rusty and Chris - can you carry this in your associations, and do we need to
move this up the list of important topics for your May and June meetings?