[THIN] Re: ts profile setting

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:38:40 +1000

Hi,

"Net user /domain" produces a 3 column output, which is useless for
anything else.

"For /f " is basically a record/delimited field command.

The default delimiter is a space/tab. "Tokens" are fields in a record.

"for /f "tokens=1,2,3" means grab the first 3 fields, which translates
to 3 columns. Then append each field individually to the output.

So the command turns a 3 column output into a single column output. By
adding "skip=6" the command dumps the first 6 lines of the "net use
/domain" output which just consists of headers etc.

I got into the habit of using %i as my first variable tag (leftover from
my unix days), which means field 1 is assigned to %i, field 2 to %j and
field 3 to %k. Could just as easily have used %a, %b and %c.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems Ltd