[THIN] slow login

  • From: Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:11:46 -0400

I have a customer who is experiencing a long delay (2-4 minutes) when
logging in.
By playing with the Citrix policy I have narrowed it down to the single
printer he has installed on his machine, an HP LaserJet P2015DN PCL 5.
The printer is attached locally, not networked, and is operational.
If I turn off the printer mapping the login takes only a few seconds. With
the printer mapping enabled it slows to several minutes.
It is set to use the Universal driver.
Has anyone seen anything similar?  Would using the PS or PCL driver make a
difference?  Or possibly mapping to an HP LaserJet 4 instead of universal