[THIN] Re: \\servername\ (Printers do not appear on Windows S erver 2003)

  • From: "Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:19:57 -0600

May be my issue, thanks a TON!

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Claus, Brian
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 11:10 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: \\servername\ (Printers do not appear on Windows Server
2003)

This did the trick!

(NOTE:  I modified a Domain OU Group policy, not a local PC group policy)

Method two: Use Terminal Services to configure the Allow Print Spooler to
Accept Client Connections policy setting on the Windows Server 2003-based
computer

1.

Use Terminal Services to connect to your Windows Server 2003-based computer.

2.

Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.

3.

On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.

4.

On the Standalone tab, click Add.

5.

In the Available Standalone Snap-ins list, click Group Policy Object Editor,
and then click Add.

6.

In the Select Group Policy Object dialog box, click Browse.

7.

Double-click the name of the computer that is running Terminal Services,
click the policy name, and then click Finish.

8.

Click Close, and then click OK.

9.

Double-click the policy name, double-click Computer Configuration, and then
double-click Administrative Templates.

10.

Click Printers, and then double-click Allow Print Spooler to Accept Client
Connections in the details pane.

11.

On the Setting tab, click Enabled, and then click OK.

** RESTART YOUR PRINT SPOOLER FOR CHANGES TO BE APPLIED

Start Citrix Print Manager Service

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883789
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883789>

  _____