[THIN] roaming/redirecting personal folders in Outlook

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:21:22 -0400

We have a lot of users that create personal folders in Outlook within our
Citrix environment.  Generally they will store these .pst files somewhere in
their home drive.  When these users roam to another Citrix server, we are
having troubles getting their Outlook session to keep their personal folders
configured in the Outlook window.  They will have to set them up each time they
hit a different server.  We have been able to get around this in the past by
using roaming profiles and that worked fine, but we are trying to eliminate
roaming profiles altogether due to obvious reasons.  We use flex profiles,
Group Policies, and simple scripts now instead of roaming profiles.  How can I
ensure that a user's personal folders will roam with them to different servers
without using roaming profiles?

Thanks!

Jon Luchette