[THIN] published apps across servers

  • From: "Hopkins, Scott" <Scott.Hopkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:48:58 +1000

hi all,

win2k + XPe + fr1

we have an application that I have mentioned before AFE that runs in IE.  it
has been locking up and freezing intermitantely for users.  it uses oracle
j-initiator for forms.  we have now indivdualised the jcache files for each
user which appears to have helped reduce the freezing.

today the SA working at the latest deployment site noted that users that had
freezing were connected to different servers for their different published
apps...

it would appear that if users are connected to the one server for all their
published apps they do not get the freezing.

so i am wonder what everyone thinks of this?

is it possible to determine that where a user gets their first app from they
should then get all their other apps from that server??  or any other
ideas...

also we have noticed that the published windows explorer gives some
significant degredation in server performance when run by users.  has anyone
else noticed this?

thanks Scott.