[THIN] policy (TS User Home Directory) and Redirection Folder

  • From: "Hubert NIEL" <niel.hubert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 23:25:55 +0100

Hello

I have a domain Windows 2003 SP2 Eng

With 4 servers TS / Presentation Server 4.0

I set loopback Policy to my OU (server TS / Presentation Server)

I set

Loopback Policy \computer configuration \administrative Templates \Windows
Components \ Terminal Services \ Set Path for  TS Roaming Profile è Enabled

                Profile path è \\FILESERV\PROFILE-SHARE
<file:///\\FILESERV\PROFILE-SHARE>

And

Loopback Policy \computer configuration \administrative Templates \Windows
Components \ Terminal Services \ TS User Home Directory  è Enabled

                Location : On the Network

                Home Dir Root Path \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE
<file:///\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE>

                Drive Letter U:

This work fine (ok)

But when I set redirection folder

Loopback Policy \ User Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Folder redirection
\My Documents

                Right clic (properties) Setting è Basic ? redirect
everyone?s folder to the same location

                Target folder location

                Create a folder for each user under the root path

                Root path

                \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE <file:///\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE>

                For user clair, this folder will be redirected to:

                \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\clair\My
<file:///\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\clair\My>  documents

My problem is

With the GPO TS User Home Directory è the name of the folder for the user is
%username%.%domain%

And when the redirection is set

The redirection create a new folder  in \\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE
<file:///\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE>

The folder is %username%

How I can Set Folder redirection for the good folder (%username%.%domain%) ?

I have 400 users, and I don?t Set  Properties / Tab è Terminal Services
Profile / Terminal Services Home Folder / Connect U:  To
\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\%username%
<file:///\\FILESERV\USERS-SHARE\%25username%25>   for all users

What?s the good method (practice) ?

Thanks for your help

Hubert NIEL

Top