[THIN] Re: offsubject - Disk management

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:13:14 -0700

NT, 98, etc do not recognize dynamic disks.  W2K will be OK.  My question
to you is: why are you using W2K mirroring?  You would be better off
getting a hardware RAID controller and sticking with basic disks.
adam

                      "Robinson, Nick"

                      <NRobinson@otecor        To:       "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      p.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] offsubject -
Disk management
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      05/15/2003 06:46

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Quick question for you gurus. I'm about to mirror 2 disks on a 2000
machine.
I have to first change the first disk from basic to dynamic. When I do this
it tells me that the disk will not be able to boot from previous versions
of
windows. What exactly is it telingl me? I can't boot from 95/98 or I'll
have
to reload 2000?

Nick