[THIN] microsoft Managed Service Accounts

  • From: "julien, Sybille" <sybille_juls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 05:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

One of my client have a security requirement to replace citrix local account
with domain service account.

I found the information in proddocs to replace local service account with
domain account and set required privileged

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp65-admin/ps-services-overview.html

the problem is that service account security policy required that domain
service account password expired every 90 days :( so I'm I looking for a way
to avoid to change it manually every 90 days.

I found Managed service account for windows 2008 R2 on the technet. That sound
great, but I'm wondering if this working with XenApp and if it's supported ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560633(v=ws.10).aspx

So my question for you is the following.

Does anyone try to run xenapp with Managed Service account and have any
feedback from citrix about supporting that ?

Julien

>________________________________
> De : "julien, Sybille" <sybille_juls@xxxxxxxxx>
>À : "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Envoyé le : Vendredi 24 mai 2013 15h50
>Objet : [THIN] Re: SMS2
>

>As far as I know web interface supporte natively RSA and Safeword only and any
>other authentication method through Radius Server
>

>I never try it, but if SMS2 is a Radius server there is no reason two used IT.
>

>Julien sybille
>

>>________________________________
>> De : Stephen Rogers <Stephen.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>À : "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Envoyé le : Vendredi 24 mai 2013 10h19
>>Objet : [THIN] Re: SMS2
>>

>>Is safeword free ???
>>
>>SMS2 claims to be….
>>
>>We currently use Signify but costs are expensive, looking for a more
>>economical solution.
>>
>>Thanks guys

 iPhone