[THIN] local printing

  • From: "Richard S. Hanzel" <rhanzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:51:23 -0400

Greetings:

We are using TeleVideo TeleCLIENTS with Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR2.

I am having some issues getting the LPT ports to work when different users log
in.  I can get them to work for the first user, but when another user logs on
the same client, it will not allow me to "connect" to the printer.  It's like
the first user (that's already logged off and disconnected) is still holding on
to the LPT connection.  I've gone as far as to publish the ICA Client Printer
Configuration app to some test users, and even then it won't let me reconnect
the LPT with the new user logged on.  I just get a message saying can't connect
to printer.

The ultimate plan is to have the client always attach to it's local printer,
regardless of who logs on, or even if multiple users are logged on the same
client.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich Hanzel