[THIN] Re: install win2003 on win2000 domain

  • From: Tom Howarth <tom.howarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:56:40 +0100

read the following document on the page below

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/whyupgrade/win2k/w2ktows03-2.mspx

it outlines the process for upgrading your domain.  you can not just
install a windows 2003 domain controller into a 2000 AD.

basically you must run ADPrep /forestprep on  your Schema master
followed by ADPrep /Domainprep on the infrastructure master in each
domain.

this must be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Tom at home
This Weeks Sponsor: eg Innovations, Inc.