[THIN] Re: disconnect detection

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:48:22 -0700

ICA keep alives was implemented a couple of years ago, I think in FR1, but I
am not sure. It certainly is implemented in the Service Packs (1,2 and 3)
which you can apply to FR1.

I dont' think the keep alives will do it though, because that is about
maintaining a connection during connection drop outs or unstable
connections. I have seen this same phenomena over the years and never found
a single cause to explains. Sometimes there is something in the application,
or processes it spins off, which make the session "seem" to be active when
actually the ICA client connection has dropped.

I would try the Service Packs first, implement keep alives and see if that
helps.....it is most likely a bug which is addressed in these updates, or,
an application issue.

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453