[THIN] disable wpad DNS querys completly

  • From: Andreas Roth <art-freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:01:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi list,

My platform is W2k8 with IE8. I want completly disable wpad.domain.com DNS
queries cause my enviroment is not using any proxy. I tried:

- disable "automatically detect network settings" with GPO within IE lansettings
- disable "use automatic configuraiton script" with GPO within IE lansettings
- removed and disabled proxy server settings
- stopped and disabled "WebDav Client Redirector Driver service", "WinHTTP Web
Proxy Auto-Discovery Service", "webclient"

"Netsh winhttp show proxy" tells me "Direct access (no proxy server)." but when
a user is logging on to the server i see wpad queryies and http connects to
wpad server with wireshark.

Any hints?

Best Regards,

Andreas