[THIN] Re: debug ICA

  • From: pwalley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:38:32 -0500

Rick,

thanks for the response. I had the same troubleshooting ideas that you
presented. It was after the localhost cache didn't help and i couldn't find
what was failing that i was going to resort to figuring out the problem with
ICA debugging. For the record, you can do it inthe ASC I found. Well, turned
out that the datastore was corrupted by something (read another admin I
think) and a restore corrected my issues.

pw

On 10/11/06, Rick Mack <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm assuming you mean your IMA service isn't starting?

If you're in an upgrade scenario, things can get quite interesting, but
since you haven't given us any info, the best I can do is try and give you
some generic advice.

Setting debug mode depends a bit on the version of the Citrix product, but
you may not have to go that far.

The most common causes of the IMA service not starting on a production
servers are the a corrupted local host cache or RM local database, and
spooler issues. So the first thing I always do when I've got IMA service
issues is run "dsmaint recreatelhc", delete the RMLocalDatabase and delete
all pending print jobs (del /q %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\*.*) and
restart the spooler.

If the IMA service still fails to start, run up ergedit and go to
HKLM\Software\Citrix\IMA\Runtime and check the value CurrentlyLoadingPlugin.
If there'snothing there life just got more interesting, but if there is,
then the name of the module will generally point you in the right direction.

Afer that, it really depends on the version of PS you're running.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems