[THIN] ctfmon removal

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:54:19 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to stop the unneeded process ctfmon from opening for each
user.

I have went through the MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326526

made sure all the bits are removed unregistered the dll's and tried the
reg update for a user but the ctfmon process always starts.

I have read that its not required on TS so can I just deny access to the
process as this will stop it loading.

Its takes up about 4 mb per user which is starting to add up.

thanks
Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.