[THIN] client printer is not connected.

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin. Org (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:45:19 -0400

Hi folks,

Tried everything I could think of and now asking the community.

I have a client PC (W95) with citrix client (used to be 6.20.985, now it has
the latest client I could download from Citrix) and HP LaserJet 5 hooked up
to the LPT1 port.

The problem is that when the client logs on to citrix his printer is not
autocreated and no events logged in the Event Viewer. PRINTCFG shows his
printer in the disconnected state. If I click "connect" in printcfg the
printer is connected and everything works fine. Then I log user off and log
him back in and the story is the same (no printers, have to start printcfg
and connect it). I tried to make the printer default using printcfg but it
did not help. I reinstalled citrix client to the latest - same thing. If I
go to the different client with same user credentials-everything works fine.
If I use different user credentials on that same W95 client - printer is
autocreated (for these other users). Checked for stuck printers in printers
folder on server - no stuck printers for this client name.

And finally: if I change client name in wfcname.ini it works.

Environment: 3 servers MF XPa farm, W2k AD, W2K on Citrix (FR2/SP3), TS
roaming profiles.

P.S. I posted another question but nobody replied. If I have a modem
connected to the MF server and I want to publish IE the way that if user
logs in to it the modem will dial to the remote site (normally all the users
have IE published with network connection) ?

Thanks for the help,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat