[THIN] chfarm hiccup

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:38:29 -0400

I thought I'd post this, just in case it's helpful.

I was moving 2 servers between farms last week with the ever-helpful
chfarm utility.  For some undocumented reason, they failed the move.
At the very end I was prompted for ODBC connection credentials (if
any).  We don't use ODBC passwords.  My DSN worked fine, but at the
final screen it was unable to display the name of the target farm.

After some head-scratching (read: cursing)  I had them go indirect to
the ZDC for the target farm, and then DSMAINT config'd them after the
fact to use the perfectly fine DSN.  Worked beautifully after that.

Hope it save somebody some "head-scratching".

Bob
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320