[THIN] Re: bye bye Word?

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 22:09:43 -0400

You know, this is actually sort of sad.   We need to do something about
the  patent laws.  People are squatting on patents and then one day a
company, who has never done anything with a patent, go and sue some big
company that is making people's lives better.  (now let's just agree
Microsoft makes our lives better. ;) )   The same thing happened to RIM
(Blackberry), remember?  It is just wrong.  I'm all for if someone
created something and bring that something to market and compete while
adding value to the world but if they don't do that then they should
forfeit this patent.  Something needs to be done...  This is just a
joke...

Just my two cents...

And yes, the lawyers are going to make a killing.  Which is wrong...
They will keep this in court for a long time.

I also read that even Open Office might be affected by this ruling.  It
is just out of control.

DB

Douglas A. Brown
CEO and Founder