[THIN] Re: acquisition of 1.8 farm

  • From: "Newman, Phil" <Phil.Newman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:20:01 +0100

Suggest migrating to XP.

I had asimilar situation and sucessfully migrated across to XP,by putting
the farm into compatibility mode, and creating the same published apps on
the new XP farm.

The user had no idea it had been done

Once all the servers had come across, put the farm back into native mode.

I followed the instructions from Brian Madden guide - thanks Brian - and it
all worked a treat.

regards,

Phil