[THIN] Re: Yahoo Search on Adobe Acrobat 7

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:30:41 -0800 (PST)

So we have this in the archives this would be the only portion you need...

  Hide Yahoo Search the Internet Toolbar

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat
Reader\7.0\AVGeneral\cToolbars\cWebSearchView\cPositions\cInternal]
"bHidden"=dword:0000001

  Another good tip at the bottom of that page are these settings.

  Theses settings will remove Internet PrintMe, update and purchase options
from the File menu

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\7.0\FeatureLockdown]
"bEFIPrintMe"=dword:00000000
"bPurchaseAcro"=dword:00000000
"bUpdater"=dword:00000000
"bRegisterProduct"=dword:00000000

  Jim Kenzig
  CEO The Kenzig Group
  http://www.kenzig.com
  New site in development... http://www.thinhelp.com

M < wrote:
      st1\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)  }              Check out:

  http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=404

  Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:56 PM
  Subject: [THIN] Yahoo Search on Adobe Acrobat 7

    After installing Acrobat Reader 7, we found that users could click on this
search the internet button.  We lock down IE, but some apps. run Acrobat PDF
reports.  We want to remove this button.  I have tried change user /install,
and right click, remove from the toolbar, but it does not hold for all users.
Ideas?

  Chad Schneider
  Technology Analyst/Citrix Admin.
  Bemis Company, Inc.