[THIN] XenApp 4.5 upgrade query

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:47:13 +1000

Hi

Im looking at upgrading my farm from Windows 2003 CPS 4.0 to Windows 2003
XenApp 4.5.  We run Web Interface 4.2 with an old version of Citrix License
Server.  I will be upgrading the License Server to the latest so there should
be no issues here.  My queries are:

1) Will Web Interface need to be updated to the latest version for XenApp 4.5
to work or is WI 4.2 OK?

2) Will there be any issues if I do an inplace upgrade to XenApp 4.5 in the
same farm and slowly upgrade?  Therefore the farm will have a mix of 4.0 and
4.5 servers for up to 2 weeks.

3) Is it preferable to build new servers with XenApp 4.5 in the same farm (in
seperate zones) and slowly port the applications/users across (there still
would be a mix of 4.0 and 4.5 in the same farm only the installs would be
clean)?

Any guides/best practices on upgrading would be appreciated.

Thanks
Angela

Get the latest news, goss and sport Make ninemsn your homepage!
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=813730