[THIN] Re: XP, Windows and RAM

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:44:24 +1000

Hi Malcolm,

Sounds like the Java scheduling app run by one of the airlines here in
Australia. With a footprint of 1 GB per instance it provides one or two
scalability challenges.

When I said I was looking forward to bigger machines, it wasn't really with the
hope that we could run lots more users on them. Considering the "obesity" of a
lot of newer apps designed for desktops with at least a GB of RAM, I'm just
looking forward to being able to support the usual 30-40 users on an 8 core box
with 32 GB ;-)

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack