[THIN] Re: Wyse winterm power supply issues

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:05:55 -1200

we had nothing but problems with the power bricks from Wyse at my old
company.  I think they were just sensitive to power fluctuations.  It seemed
to be worse following thunderstorms.  We eventually bit the bullet and
switched to Neoware and the problems went away.  At the time, Neoware
terminals used a standard pc power cord.  that was extremely convenient for
us.  Sadly, Neoware has slowly been moving away from that and their units
now come with a brick.

Greg