[THIN] Re: Wyse finally gets it....

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:44:53 +0100

Comments inline...

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Roger Riggins [mailto:Roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 23 July 2003 14:39
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Wyse finally gets it....
>
> Why? Just curious.

Because sometimes you may have some applications required at the client
end, that aren't suitable to Citrix / Terminal server scenarios - yet
still have a fair chunk that are.

> I prefer them to be as thin as possible. I
> don't want to have to maintain local apps.

In an ideal world...

But if you have a scenario where you have a number of apps that are
eminently suitable to Citrix / Terminal server implementations, but
maybe the odd one that isn't - you can have the best of both worlds, and
have some degree of remote control / admin, without necessarily having
to consider the additional complication of using a PC, and the possible
implementations of having to employ something to manage that.

Neil

> My personal favorite is still the 1200LE. Fast, cheap, and easy.
>
> Roger

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This weeks sponsor - IDP ServerBoss
Restrict, Manage and Control Access to your applications
and other valuable Citrix,  Windows NT, 2000
and 2003 Server Resources
http://www.serverboss.com/default.asp?partner=thethin