[THIN] Re: Wireless Thin Client Tablet

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:18:08 -0400

We are using ours on nurse carts with 802.11b.   We worked with a =
company that makes laptop mounts for cars to get the tablets mounted so =
I think they will be able to help you get a tablet fixed in your car.

go to www.mobiledesk.com/Medical.htm

those are pictures from one of my facilities.  The top is what holds the =
tablet, the arms are interchangeable.  It is just a matter of finding =
the arm to fit your vehicle.

that solves the mounting, now all you need is connectivity and a tablet. =
We are using the Neoware Voyager.  It is CE based.  Their support is =
good and they can tell you how to get things setup right so you never =
lose your setup.  That is the problem with CE based tablets.  You lose =
power or do a hard reset, and you lose your ICA settings and network =
config unless you save things to flash and setup a batch file or two.=20

Novatel and sierra wireless can handle the connection.  It costs.  I =
don't know what is involved with that but I know some people who do.  =
They are local to Clearwater Florida.  You may want to search for =
someone in your area.  The Sierra Wireless website can point you to a =
vendor in your area.

the tablet pc is a glorified laptop and is a hot topic these days.  =
Webpads are CE based and have no hard drive and less ram.  Airspeak =
makes the units for Wyse and Neoware.  they are in the webpad category.  =
Fujitsu made some decent webpads in the past but is concentrating on =
tablet pcs now.  The tablet pcs seem delicate to me and I like the =
simplicity of the ce based devices.

try www.infoctater.com , www.cpfinc.com , www.airspeak.com , and =
www.neoware.com

Greg=20