[THIN] Re: Windows Vista/2008 Service Pack 2 Preview Program

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 12:54:49 -0500

They gave out beta bits at PDC. You can get access to it if you have MSDN.
Best overall info on it I have seen is Mark Minasi's powerpoint at
http://www.minasi.com/win7ppt.pdf

It is a lot of the Vista code but there is a LOT more to it.  The nagging
UAC is fixed for the most part and they have changed how it handles some
things.

Basically though you better get your feet wet with Vista or you will be in
trouble trying to even upgrade to 7.
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com