[THIN] Windows 2008/XenApp 5 Printing query

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:23:11 +1100

Hi

Im building a new XenApp 5 farm based on Windows 2008 R2 (64bit) as soon as
Citrix certify Windows 2008 R2.  We have had lots of issues in the past with
Printing in our Citrix 4/Windows 2003 environment where spoolers would crash or
spool jobs were very large often flooding our WAN.  Does the new Printing
architecture in Windows 2008 fix these issues when combined with XenApp 5?  For
Optimal Printing should I invest in Tricerat ScrewDrivers or ThinPrint or is
Native Windows 2008 sufficient in combination with the Citrix Universal Driver?

Any gotchas or issues with x64 Printing on Windows 2008/XenApp5?

Thanks
Ang

Shopping Trolley Mechanic If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157639755/direct/01/