[THIN] Windows 2000 TS CALs on Compaq EVO terminals

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Citrix Internal Forum <CitrixInternalForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:06:14 +1300

Hi Guys,

Question: Has anyone managed to figure out how to get the Compaq Evo T20's
(and possibly other terminals) to release a temporary CAL and pick up a new
permanent CAL (Windows 2000 TS CAL im talking about here).

I have a customer with an annoying problem where he is slowly replacing all
of his Windows 9x machines with Evo's and the user is effectively taking up
2 CAL's because their old machine has 1 CAL and the new EVO gets a temporary
CAL, as there is no more CALs in the pool. Even though they have the correct
number of CALs for their user base.

They have all of the Licensing H/Fixes applied to their TS licensing server
and Terminal servers.

The only way I have been able to fix this so far is to erase the config of
the T20 and reset it up again.

Tony Lyne

Senior Systems Engineer

Computerland Central

P O Box 1470

PALMERSTON NORTH

Telephone (+64) 06 3537300

Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800

Mobile (+64) 0274 720696

E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet  <http://www.computerland.co.nz/> http://www.computerland.co.nz

CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information
that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify me immediately and delete all material
pertaining to this e-mail. Thank you.

Add users now! - not more servers. If you?re using Citrix,
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79