[THIN] WinXP SP 2 ICA session closes connecting thru MSAM portal

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <jhathaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:07:39 -0800

Been beating my head on this one a bit for a while now, so I thought I'd
see if anyone else has seen the same kind of problem. :)

The environment:

Msam 2.0 portal server

Windows 2000 terminal server (SP3) - MFXP FR 2

Secure Gateway 2.0

From outside the network, connecting to the portal site from a windows
XP pro SP 2 workstation I can login successfully to the portal but when
attempting to launch a published application (either through launch or
the PN cda) the ICA session starts to initiate gets to 75% (of starting
the session) and then all citrix client activity goes away.

No event or popup errors on the connection client

No event errors on the servers

The ICA client just literally disappears during the connection process
from the client.

If I try this same process from a windows 2000 machine I have no
problems launching ICA sessions through the MSAM portal.

MS hotfix KB884020 has been applied to the windows XP machines in
question, and has made no difference.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=17d997d2-5034-4
bbb-b74d-ad8430a1f7c8&displaylang=en

The appropriate websites for the Msam portal have been added to the
trusted sites list for IE from the client XP machines with no affect.
Pop-up blockers are not in use.

The issue for all intents and purposes seems to be ICA client specific
because I see it as the only failing component of the process. I've
tried a variety of ICA client versions with the same affect in all
cases.

I've only seen this issue on Windows XP pro systems with SP2 installed,
and it's driving me nuts . . .

Any helpful thoughts?

PS - yes upgrades for this solution would be nice, they are planned for
later this year however ;)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error
and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail.  We
appreciate your cooperation.