[THIN] Re: WTS Pro Experiences

  • From: "Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:48:04 -0400

Negatives are welcome as I am always trying to improve the product.
I can point some CONs/PROs myself.
PROS:
- very simple
- cheap
- resource based load balancer
- better than NLB
- runs on any Windows 2000 and up box (does not require server).

CONs:
- single point of failure (if you do not setup multiple gateways - same
issue IS THERE with Citrix Secure Gateway unless you use multiple
machines).
- I am no Citrix/Microsoft.
- Reconnection does not work in SOME cases as some people would expect
(as they do not understand how the whole thing works in such cases). But
I know how to fix but this requires a client component so I am debating
on integrating this on WTSPortal or not.